Disappearing categories

• Some time ago, all my categories disappeared from the Write Post and Manage Categories pages. Everything else works – they’re still in the sidebar, posts are still categorized, and I can add a post to a category by typing the name of the category in the Category window on the Write Post page. I can also add new categories through that window, and they’ll stay in the Write Post and Manage Categories page. That doesn’t work for my old categories. I’ve also tried re-adding the old categories through the Manage Categories page, but that doesn’t work.

Frankly, it’s getting annoying having to add categories by typing instead of checkboxes. I posted on an earlier thread to request support, but received no response. Is there anything I can do to get my categories back? Thanks.

• That is really strange and your browser definitely will have that issue cached now. Have you tried resetting your browser completely and see if that works? Another thing to try would be to shut the editor off in your profile page and then turn it back on and see if it resets itself. See if that helps I guess.

Trent

• No joy. I suppose there’s not much I can do. Thanks anyway.

By the way, what’s the deal with the “Use the feedback link in the upper right corner” message on the Write Post page? I don’t see any such link.

• It’s only active when staff are on duty, usually 9-4 M-F Pacific time.

• This has just happened to me as well! :-( I dont know what’s going on.

• Like Trent said:

Have you tried resetting your browser completely and see if that works? Another thing to try would be to shut the editor off in your profile page and then turn it back on and see if it resets itself. See if that helps I guess.

Have you tried that?

• Hi raincoaster,

I am new in this, can you please tell me how to reset the browser, and to shut the editor off?

• To shut the editor off, go to Dashboard –> Profile and de-select “use visual editor” in the tickbox. It should be empty. Then hit Update.

To reset your browser, go to your control panel and open Internet Options. Delete cookies, and delete temporary files. Close the browser entirely, all windows, and then open it again. That is pretty much re-set.

• Hey!

When I was still in questions just now, I tried again adding the categories in Manage Categories page, before this they disappeared, but this time I tried clicking edit at the just-added categories, and save as it is. And they stay!

I think you can try this too, mrspeel

(I’m still clueless what was going on) ^^;

• BTW thanks alot raincoaster! :)

• You’re welcome. Glad it worked out for you.

• That worked! Thanks, ilyani!

• The topic ‘Disappearing categories’ is closed to new replies.