Difficulty commenting on the WP.com news blog

• Today I tried to make a comment on this post:

Hot Off the Press: New WordPress.com Themes for January 2024

but the comment does not appear, it remains in a kind of loop.

• I tried again today and I have the same problem.

• This is very frustrating. Soon the post will close for comments and I will not be able to ask my question.

• I contacted support via chat who gave me another way to get my question answered.

However, even after accessing through other browsers and clearing the computer’s cache, I still try to comment on the mentioned post and others and the same problem appear; so I believe the system is identifying me as spam or something similar.

I give up for now…

• Hi there @radtrad I do not see any of your comments in the spam filter on wordpress.com/blog when I check on our end. I am able to see valid comments you have left in the past such as this one here: https://wordpress.com/blog/2023/08/29/membership-sites-101/#comment-434941

To clarify, you are able to comment on other blogs (including your own) but are not able to comment on wordpress.com/blog? What if you comment on an older post as a test. Can you locate an older post to comment on then let us know if you have the same issue?

Also please let us know what you have tried so far to troubleshoot this issue. I see you are most likely using Chrome as your browser, what if you try an alternate like Firefox instead? Are you able to leave a comment under an alternate browser?

Thanks for the additional info!

• I tried commenting with another browser (Edge) and the result was the same.

To clarify, you are able to comment on other blogs (including your own) but are not able to comment on wordpress.com/blog?

Yes, that’s exactly the problem. But I’ll wait for other blog posts to try again. Thanks.

• Microsoft Edge (Chromium) is built on the same underlying technology as Google Chrome, so it can sometimes suffer from the same issues. Are you able to use an alternate that offers a different browser engine like Mozilla Firefox?

Also curious to know if you can comment if you use Chrome, but first log in to your WordPress.com account in a Incognito window (File>New Incognito Window) and the visit the blog post in that browser window and try to comment? Incognito is a good way to skip cache/cookies and other things that may interfere, so that my offer us a clue as well.

Thanks!

• The topic ‘Difficulty commenting on the WP.com news blog’ is closed to new replies.