Developer staging site

• Hi – I’m working with a developer to build a wordpress site for my business. Once the design is complete and we’ve approved it, we’ll point our existing corporate website (currently hosted on squarespace) to our new WordPress account. How can I get started with a staging site in WordPress where the developers I’m working with can build out our site without pointing our real website URL to this staging environment?

I don’t have a site with WordPress.com yet

• Hi there, I can see you have set up the site fiveelmsstaging.wordpress.com already. If you wish you can use this site to get yourself all set up. When you are ready to “launch” the new site to replace the current one, that is when you will want to “map” or transfer your domain to us.

Essentially what will happen is the staging address of your site will be replaced by the final address. At the same time, moving that domain will automatically launch the WordPress site to replace the one you have set at Squarespace. Anyone trying to visit your site (at the same URL they are used to) will see the new WordPress site automatically.

Please note that to connect your domain you will need one of our plans listed here, which all include a free domain transfer as part of the plan: https://wordpress.com/plans

• The topic ‘Developer staging site’ is closed to new replies.