Dashboard is locking up my whole computer and I have to restart it over and over

• I am trying to work with building a new blog but twice it has locked up my whole computer and I had to reboot the whole thing which is quite time consuming and destructive to my work!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• No, the blog is propheticnet.wordpress.com
    It says it is a new dashboard.

• What exactly do you mean by new dashboard?

Please tell us:
    a) Exactly what kind of device you are using to connect to the internet and to WordPress.com.
    (b) Exactly which browser (and version of it) you’re using by checking here if necessary http://supportdetails.com/
    (c) Exactly what you experience including what any error reports you receive state.

I’ll tag this thread for Staff assistance. Will you also provide a screenshot for Staff please? You can use http://snag.gy/ to share screenshots and link to them here. Please subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• I’m on my HP laptop computer (intel3 processor) Windows 7/64. Firefox 37.0.1 – up to date. If I could get a screen shot, I would lose it when I closed it because NOTHING works, it’s locked and the only way to get my screen back is to reboot and even the recovery of that does not work. It just apologizes saying it can’t recover the page when it comes back up. Why do so many tabs open up, too, I’d like to know? Every thing I do brings up a new tab, even when it is not logical. Thanks for asking.

• Oh, and when I go WPAdm, it goes to my first blog and posts there. It will even say Create your first post and I have no idea how it is supposed to work with the Facebook link that also shows.

• Well… not sure if this is the problem, but I was on my FB page and it locked up too, the same way. Now I am wondering if it was the Windows Update I did yesterday. I uninstalled it and am giving it another chance. Thank you for letting me know humans are out there who care!

• Oh, and I had a choice of going back to the old dashboard because there is a new one with a different set up. I didn’t want to learn it all over again since it took a while for the first one and I didn’t want something else slowing me down, because when I write it’s in the moment – and then it’s gone. . . :)

• This thread is tagged for Staff and they have a backlog. What’s required is your patience as Staff work through all forum threads tagged for their attention and through all email support tickets in chronological order based on datestamps and timestamps – first posted first served, as would be expected.

How long it takes to clear the threads and support tickets depends on how many Happiness Engineers are working on them at any given point in time. It also depends on how complex the issues in each thread and ticket are are.

Please don’t bump your thread here by posting into it again because it’s not in your best interest to post to it after it has been tagged for Staff help. Doing that moves the timestamps forward and it takes longer to get a response.

• I am confused, where do I respond?

From: WordPress.com Support Forums [mailto:(email visible only to moderators and staff)] Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 6:34 PMTo: (email visible only to moderators and staff): [WordPress.com Forums] Dashboard is locking up my whole computer and I have to restart it over and over

timethief replied to a forum topic that you subscribe to

in response to the topic “Dashboard is locking up my whole computer and I have to restart it over and over”:

This thread is tagged for Staff and they have a backlog. What’s required is your patience as Staff work through all forum threads tagged for their attention and through all email support tickets in chronological order based on datestamps and timestamps – first posted first served, as would be expected.

How long it takes to clear the threads and support tickets depends on how many Happiness Engineers are working on them at any given point in time. It also depends on how complex the issues in each thread and ticket are are.

Please don’t bump your thread here by posting into it again because it’s not in your best interest to post to it after it has been tagged for Staff help. Doing that moves the timestamps forward and it takes longer to get a response.

Reply View forum topic

Want less email? Unsubscribe from this topic

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG – http://www.avg.comVersion: 2015.0.5863 / Virus Database: 4321/9473 – Release Date: 04/06/15

• Hi Pam.

As you’re also experiencing this problem on Facebook, it seem this is something to do with your computer or browser setup.

Can you try another browser, such as Google Chrome, to see if you experience the same problem there?

The latest version of Firefox, which you’re running, was released on April 3rd and it could be that you’re running an extension that causes the new release to crash. It’s worth checking your setup next to Firefox’s list of known issues to see if you can pinpoint the cause:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes

Hope this helps! Let us know if you’d like any extra help in troubleshooting that.

• Thank you.

From: WordPress.com Support Forums [mailto:(email visible only to moderators and staff)] Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 6:34 PMTo: (email visible only to moderators and staff): [WordPress.com Forums] Dashboard is locking up my whole computer and I have to restart it over and over

timethief replied to a forum topic that you subscribe to

in response to the topic “Dashboard is locking up my whole computer and I have to restart it over and over”:

This thread is tagged for Staff and they have a backlog. What’s required is your patience as Staff work through all forum threads tagged for their attention and through all email support tickets in chronological order based on datestamps and timestamps – first posted first served, as would be expected.

Reply View forum topic

Want less email? Unsubscribe from this topic

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG – http://www.avg.comVersion: 2015.0.5863 / Virus Database: 4321/9473 – Release Date: 04/06/15

• The topic ‘Dashboard is locking up my whole computer and I have to restart it over and over’ is closed to new replies.