Dashboard access problem

• I can’t access the dashboard for my website to update and add a post. I have wordpress.com and the website is http://www.CareerWisdomCoach.com
    Granted I have not accessed my website in a few months so has something changed?
    It shows me as logged in but doesn’t show my site.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I see two sites with that domain in your account.

At the moment that domain loads your WordPress.com site, with the underlying WordPress.com address, careerwisdomcoach.wordpress.com. You’ve had the domain connected to that site since 2014. Is that the content you’re trying to edit?

Then you also have a self-hosted site with that domain connected to your account through the Jetpack plugin. But as the domain is currently pointing to WordPress.com, it’s the WordPress.com site that loads.

What’s likely happening is that you’re trying to access the Jetpack site rather than the WordPress.com site. Click on My Sites ->Switch Site. Do you by any chance see two sites with that domain listed?

If you’re no longer using the self-hosted Jetpack site, I’d recommend we delete that old Jetpack connection from your account. Then only the WordPress.com site will be listed.

• Thanks so much and that makes sense; however, it doesn’t show any sites. It says it is “loading sites” and, after an hour, still neither of the sites. I really need to update some info soon and this has never happened before.
    Any hope is greatly appreciated.

• Hm, that definitely shouldn’t happen.

First, please make sure that your browser is up to date: https://browsehappy.com/

If it is not, please try updating your browser or switching to a different browser.

If it is, please do these two things:

1. Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

2. Try with all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily disabled.

Please let us know how each step goes for you, and which browser (and version of) you’re using if you’re still having trouble.

• YEs. I need to delete the one with JetPack but can’t gain access to it.

• Oh, ok! Sorry for misunderstanding. :)

I have removed the site from your account as requested.

• Thanks so much. I will do a bit later. I have not had any other issues with other websites so did not think of those steps to fix.

• Thank you! You guys are the best. I would never thought it was my browser. I reinstalled Google Chrome to no avail but installed FoxFire and now have access to my admin panel. Don’t quite understand but just happy it works. Thanks!

• The topic ‘Dashboard access problem’ is closed to new replies.