Dailymotion embeds are no longer displaying

• to you, dandelionsalad

I have written several times to the Dailymotion helpdesk.
    They say they send my complaints to developers since one month.
    They do not care … No reply… No communication…
    I would to know if they contacted the wordpress team to solve this problem…
    Fortunately, the users of WordPress have this forum and Shawna to be considered…

• Yes, we are fortunate to have the Forums and Shawna keeping us informed on the progress. Looks like we have to wait a bit longer for a permanent fix unless we edit all of our posts. It’s too bad that you didn’t hear back from Daily Motion.

I have many videos posted from BlipTV and who knows when they will be fixed. I’ve edited the posts to have a hyperlink go to the video but it’s not the same as having the video show in the blog post.

• It unfortunate you’re not hearing back from DailyMotion. :(

I’m happy to keep you all updated as we work on this. I don’t expect the developer to be around again until Monday though.

And to clarify, other methods of embedding DailyMotion videos should be working now. It looks like its just the shortcode method that isn’t working right now.

• lecoinduprogrammeur,
    Thanks for the info to getting the embeds to work. Have a nice day. :)
    T

• And thank you Shawna.

• on wordpress.com, you paste the embed code from your Dailymotion video in the editor. When you record the article, wordpress.com transform automatically there in the smaller code whith the HTTPS to begin. I hope that you understand what i want to say … (french is my language).
    I think if wordpress is hosted on another server, the embed code from dailymotion isn’t automatically converted at the record of the article…
    In this case, i wait for your return.
    mrttou, it’s normal to help each other.

• Looks like the videos I’ve posted using the shortcode are now working. They seem to auto-start, though, which is not good when there are 2 or more videos on the same blog post. Plus it’s irritating to readers.

The ones using the url of the video are not working; just a blank space.

I may just have to edit all the posts.

• Update: I found some of the videos using shortcode did not have an auto-start, so I left those on the posts. The others I edited with a link to the videos on Daily Motion.

• Alright. I’ve got an update for you dandelionsalad. The embeds using the shortcode should be working now. However, if the DailyMotion video is actually hosted somewhere else, like in the post you referenced which is actually an embed from Hulu, DailyMotion doesn’t do their leg of the connection over secure HTTP causing the same “mixed content” error and the blank space.

We’ve fixed as much as we can on this, so if you want to embed Hulu videos, the most reliable way to do this is directly from Hulu:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/videos/hulu/

I hope this clears things up. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

• Also, if you give me a link to a video with autoplay and one without, I can take a look for you!

• Thanks for looking into this, Shawna. Yes, some were uploaded by Hulu. I believe those were the ones that autostarted, too.

I’ve edited all the posts now so there are none that autostart.

• Oh great! Let me know if I can help with anything else! :)

• Thanks again for all your help, Shawna.

• Happy to help! Glad we were able to get the DailyMotion videos working for you. :)

• The topic ‘Dailymotion embeds are no longer displaying’ is closed to new replies.