Custom Header Image getting cropped off

• So this is driving me a little insane, especially since I don’t know how to code.

I have a custom header for my blog – which I created so that the title displays across the bottom on the image itself (the big box with the title which Hemingway Rewritten’s theme comes with didn’t suit). But – even though I have made sure that the size of the header image is the recommended size – or even SMALLER than the recommended size – the display cuts off the bottom, thus cutting off the title of the blog itself.

HELP. How can I stop this? I swear that the size of the image is smaller than the size the theme recommends for custom header images.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @empressonclinton ,

I have checked your site and the header image you are talking about. Before we get into the details, did you know each theme has its own info page? This is a great place to get some of the fundamental stats and info about a theme you plan on using. INFO – Hemingway Rewritten

Now, I checked your header image. It seems the image is cropped to 1280 x 452 pixels. The theme info page states the following under “quick specs”…

Featured Images are … 1280 by 416 as header images on single posts and pages.

Therefore, your image is outside the display area and will always have a little cropped off.

At the top of the theme info page under “Featured Header Images”, it actually states the following, too.

Note that a decorative background image works best in this area since it changes slightly based on the size of the screen, rather than an image designed to be displayed at a fixed size.

So, if you would like to have your image displayed the same way on any screen size, then moving to another theme would be your best option. The Dara Theme comes to mind as a theme that shows the entire image, regardless of size.

I hope this info helps!

(PS: You could edit the theme file directly if you are on the Business plan.)

• The topic ‘Custom Header Image getting cropped off’ is closed to new replies.