Custom Background – Pique Theme

• No matter what I do, I cannot change the background on the static front page or any of the panels in the Pique theme.

I’d greatly appreciate any assistance in removing the existing, solid background and replacing it with my own custom background.

Thank you,

J. Montalvo

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• HI

Reading the Overview will help you setup the blog easily and it will guide you on how to chose your custom background:

https://wordpress.com/theme/pique

Navigate to Customize → Theme Options. From the drop-down, select the page you’d like to appear in the panel.

You can also adjust the background color, and the opacity of your featured image on top of that color, allowing you fine-tuned control over your page’s appearance.

If needed any further help please let us know

Regards,
    Skobraf

• Hello Skobraf,

Thank you for your swift reply to my question. I was able to change the color of each panel, but had a few follow-up questions:

1) Can I only change the panel color, and not use an image?

2) Above the first panel where the menu is displayed, I would like to have an image as well as a background, similar to how the demo of the theme is arranged. I can’t seem to change this from the Backgrounds menu – it just stays gray.

3)I also noticed that in the third panel, where I have the contact information, there is an image in the background that I did not upload. How can I change that?

Thank you again,

Jessica

• 1) Can I only change the panel color, and not use an image?

The Pique panels use each page’s featured image.

2) Above the first panel where the menu is displayed, I would like to have an image as well as a background, similar to how the demo of the theme is arranged. I can’t seem to change this from the Backgrounds menu – it just stays gray.

That’s a featured image as well.

3)I also noticed that in the third panel, where I have the contact information, there is an image in the background that I did not upload. How can I change that?

I’m not seeing any panels on your site at the moment, but it sounds like another featured image. Have a look at the guide to adding featured images that I linked to above, and let me know how it goes.

We also have a step-by-step guide to Pique setup here: https://wordpress.com/theme/pique

• Hi,

As a follow up to this thread, is it possible to set the background filter to zero on the Pique theme?
    I want my background image to appear just like the original.

Thank you,
    Miguel

• Miguel – yes, that’s possible with some custom CSS. Please post in the CSS Customization forum with a link to the site, and let us know on which specific panels you’d like to remove the darker overlay colour, and we’ll be glad to help.

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/forum/css-customization

• The topic ‘Custom Background – Pique Theme’ is closed to new replies.