Creating Websites

• I have a WordPress business plan and a website built and a GoDaddy domain linked to it. And now I need to create new websites for clients, without touching or changing mine. How do I do that?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: Yes
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

You can create multiple sites under your account without affecting your site by going to My Site >> Switch Site >> Add New Site as explained here:

https://wordpress.com/support/create-multiple-websites/

Each site will be completely independent of each other, with different designs, domains, subscribers, and settings.

• yes, but do I need a separate plan for each one? it’s a bit expensive

• Hi there,

Yes, a separate plan is required for each new site.

• Hi @webkebabde8e34e343, welcome. We can note a request for a multi-site plan for developers if you’d like.

In the meantime, you could have one account for each client, then add your account to each of those sites as an admin so you can help too, or you can manage accounts for all of your users and transfer ownership later if needed. And we can recommend the best plan for each site’s needs, too.

I think you’ll find in many cases, you can build a great site with the Premium Plan without having to add outside plugins or themes, and for those clients who do need that extensibility, the added protection of security, backups, spam filtering, fast SSL hosting, and direct support can make up the difference in the cost. And we have great multi-year discounts as well. Let us know how we can help!

• The topic ‘Creating Websites’ is closed to new replies.