Copyright Notice in Footer

• So I am fine with a credit to WordPress in my footer but I don’t want to copyright my site and would prefer to use a creative commons license. How do I get rid of the copyright notice that wordpress appears to add automatically?

(I don’t have a business plan but am wondering if that is the only way to get rid of the unwanted copyright notice???)

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi! Great question. Most themes don’t come with a copyright notice like that. This one is fairly unique that way. If you’re not completely sold on TwentyTwenty, we have several other options here:
    https://wordpress.com/themes/free

Or, if you’ll be upgrading to Premium (which includes CSS support) we can help you remove it with a snippet of code.

• Thanks much. I didn’t realize it was the theme. I did upgrade to Premium but decided to just switch to a simpler theme for now which also got rid of some other things appearing that I did not want to show. Wish I could find one that was like a blank word page that let me format everything the way I want to. The block editor is problematic in that way too. I really want to be able to mix pictures and texts in a block. I guess I will have to learn CSS eventually. I appreciate your response!

• The topic ‘Copyright Notice in Footer’ is closed to new replies.