Comments

• Hi! Sorry to bother you but I’ve noticed recently that whenever I post, the comments are always turned off automatically which I’ve never told it to do. Is there a way of reverting this back so comments are on all the time?

Thanks.

• Hi there,

Are you perhaps creating your posts using the iOS or Android mobile apps?

If so, please provide the following info:

* The address of the site where this is happening
    * App version
    * Device OS version
    * Device model
    * Does the problem happen for every post or just some?
    * Does the problem still happen if you try to create a new post and never use the preview option in the app?
    * Which editor are you using? If you toggle the Settings > “Use block editor” setting, does the problem go away the next time you post?

• Ive got exactly the same problem. It doesnt do it when I use the laptop, just the android app. The details are as follows:

Wordpress for Android version 13.9
    Using a Huawei P10 with Android 9.0.1
    The problem occurs for every post I make using the app
    On the app, I’m using Block editor
    My site address is https://afrocelticwritinglife.wordpress.com/

(Sorry for hijacking this post, but it’s doing the same to me too)

• @jaybgoode,

Thanks for the details. Our developers are investigating a bug with this for the Android app, and hopefully this info can help them narrow it down.

• I use an iPhone (IOS13.3) but I use the WordPress app where it is happening.
    Everything has been updated etc.

• @booksandbakes1

Please provide answers to all the points I listed above:

* The address of the site where this is happening
    * App version
    * Device OS version
    * Device model
    * Does the problem happen for every post or just some?
    * Does the problem still happen if you try to create a new post and never use the preview option in the app?
    * Which editor are you using? If you toggle the Settings > “Use block editor” setting, does the problem go away the next time you post?

• Site address: https://booksandbakes1.wordpress.com/

App version: 13.9

Apple iPhone 10

IOS13.3

It’s happening for every post. With and without the preview option being used.

On the app using the block editor.

• Thanks. I’ll add it to the bug report about this issue.

• Hello all and thank you for the reports! We’re having some trouble replicating this problem in testing, and we’ve got to figure out either what’s different in your settings, in your site config, in how you post, or if it’s something were not thinking of yet (really not sure at all what the cause is yet!) before we can get the issue fixed.

Since you’ve both mentioned using the block editor, may I ask that you temporarily turn off the block editor and then create your next post just as you normally would? This should help rule out one editor or another as the source of the problem. If the problem doesn’t happen in the other editor, that would help narrow down the scope.

I have a feeling the problem might be happening at the API level, but I’m not sure at all how a setting there could have gotten changed. Also, I could be wrong about that guess!

I’ve tried testing a bunch of times myself, and comment settings are always on for each post and work normally for me. when I publish from the app. Is there anything else you can think of at all that might explain the settings change? Do you typically start and finish writing the post from the app (i.e. app only) or do you typically modify the post from elsewhere too while it’s still a draft? Do you know approx when the problem started happening? What about using a third party tool to edit other than the mobile app, have you ever used one?

• The topic ‘Comments’ is closed to new replies.