Changing my site address back

• Sorry to have to ask but I changed my site address (previously tv1alsann.wordpress.com) to ta1alsann.wordpress.com on a whim. Could anyone please help me to get the tv1alsann address back?

(yes I know I should have taken in the warnings but I was a bit stupid, I only changed it today, sorry to have to ask).

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• I was advised by another thread (https://wordpress.com/forums/topic/getting-old-url-back/) that I should put a modlook tag on if I would like it changed back? Again, I’m sorry to have taken up time.

• Hi there!

I’m afraid it’s not possible to restore the previous address once the address has been changed. You can consider using a different address altogether (which will render your current address unavailable for future use) or register a custom domain with a WordPress.com plan, which will allow you to hide the WordPress.com address completely from your visitors.

You can upgrade to any yearly WordPress.com plan to get the first year’s domain registration free of cost. To upgrade, use the button below:

You can add a domain while upgrading or follow the steps below to register one after:

WP
    Domains » Register a New Domain
    4 min read
    On WordPress.com, you can register a domain (for example, yourgroovydomain.com) to use instead of your site’s default address (such as yourgroovysite.wordpress.com). This guide will show you how to register a new domain on WordPress.com. Search for a domain now View domain pricing How to Register a New Domain To register a new domain, follow these steps: If you don’t already ha

Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

• Ah well that’s a shame. Thanks for the response. I wonder how the person in the linked thread able to get their address back then?

Unfortunately I’m not sure about upgrading to a plan, maybe at some point in the future I’ll look at it.

• Hi there!

I haven’t checked the details on the other thread since it’s from several years back, but we’ve had instances where users actually deleted a site and created a new one instead of renaming the site, in which case, we can restore the deleted site within 30 days.

Thanks!

• Oh yes ok, thanks for your time. It’s a pity the old address can’t be restored but unfortunately that’s my fault :(

Thanks again for helping out.

Reply to Changing my site address back