Changing Domain Name

• Hello WordPress community. This may be a stupid question, but is there any way to change your domain name once you have already purchased one? I made the mistake of naming my company something, and over some more thought, I ended up changing it. So now I’m left with the same company and the wrong name for my website. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be a great help to me. Thank you!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You have a 48 hour refund window to cancel a domain name registration – spelling can’t be fixed – you need to get a refund and cancel the original (or just leave the wrong name) then register a new name – or I guess you could register the correct name and ask for the refund at the same time – but make sure you don’t confuse the names – the staff is very careful with domain name registrations so you will need to be very clear what you want done – if you cancel the wrong name it can take up to 60 days to revert back to the wild and some people will squat on the name and hold it hostage.

I will flag this for staff attention to help you

• auxclass is correct. Registered domain names cannot be changed, but you can request a refund from Store -> Domains in your blog’s Dashboard is you are within 48 hours of registering.

• The topic ‘Changing Domain Name’ is closed to new replies.