Change number of gallery columns (Mayland theme)

• I’m using the Mayland theme for my site, which makes all images in a gallery the same width. By default, the entire width of the screen is taken up by the gallery (in CSS, max-width is set to none), with 4 columns of images. I want the page margins to be bigger, making the gallery narrower. When I set my own max-width, the margins adjust accordingly, but the actual images get smaller and the gallery still has 4 columns. I’d like to have the images stay mostly the same size, but with 3 columns instead.

How do I achieve this?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

This would be easier to change directly in the block settings. I can see you have a Group Block on your homepage but, what was the original block with which you created it? Either Gallery or Columns have settings to adjust the number of the columns and I’d suggest doing it there.

Also, remember that with your plan you can access Live Chat directly via https://wordpress.com/help/contact. That way you can get help faster.

• I used the Masonry block for the homepage, but in its block settings, there aren’t any options for changing the number of columns.

• Ah, I see. Yes, the Masonry Block is somewhat more limited. You can set this in the Gallery Block, if you want to give it a try.

I’m afraid that we’re not able to help with the CSS for this as it’s outside our scope of support.

• The topic ‘Change number of gallery columns (Mayland theme)’ is closed to new replies.