Category only showing one photo

• Hello :)
    I started a photo blog and I am trying to learn wordpress, this will probably be a very noob question but trust me I tried a lot before asking for help!

My category pages are showing only one picture, offsetting it by 2 recent ones. I have no clues why. Right now I have edited the query loop to only show one (last) featured photo on main page, but even if I try to change every possible setting to show more posts/pages it doesn’t have any effect.

The posts are correctly cathegorized.
    Should I instead do a static link to a page that has a collection of chategorized posts? https://wordpress.com/support/wordpress-editor/blocks/blog-posts-block/

If somebody has any idea it would be great help :)

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi,

A category page will display only those posts that have been assigned to a category. It is not enough just to create categories. It appears that you presently have only one published post. Therefore each of your category pages can only show, at most, that one post.

See the Categorize your Posts section of the Organize Posts with Categories support page for instructions on how to assign categories to posts.

Hope that helps. : )

P.S. Not sure what you meant by “offsetting it by 2 recent ones.”

• Hello! Thanks a lot for answering :)

I have many published posts, each cathegorized, you can go through them with the “next page” query loop link on home page.

The problem is that in the cathegory page only one of those many posts shows up, and it is the the third last post. I just deleted the post that was showing up and the one that comes immediatelly before now shows up.

I guess I must have made some change somewhere that screws up the theme…

• I came to the conclusion that it is just buggy. There is nothing that works so I made a page with posts of that category, there it works!

• Hi! So glad you found a workaround solution. If you still want an explanation or resolution regarding the category page issue, then please add a “modlook” tag to the sidebar at right here. Staff will then be alerted, and they will respond here.

• Thanks, I added the tag :)

The only thing I can think of is if I somehow managed to edit some kind of category template somewhere while trying to learn about stuff.

• I’ve found it!I had indeed it fucked up with the “all archive template”. My bad. But I do have to say the whole layout is so confusing template are burried even though they are so important.

Reply to Category only showing one photo