categorization using bulk edit

• I just imported my blog from blogger – 31 posts. Was not using categories in Blogger, but want to use them here. After setting up some categories went to Dashboard and found the “bulk” option. Selected three or four posts, applied my desired category to them using the checkbox. When I hit “apply” the category I selected was applied, but the “uncategorized” category remained with each post, even though it was not checked in the bulk edit listing. Not much good if I end up having to go into each post and uncheck the “uncategorized” category after I bulk apply the categories I want. Any thoughts? I’m using Firefox 3.0.11 – wondering if maybe that is somehow affecting this site’s background processing in some way. Thanks!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• That is a shortcoming in the bulk edit thing and I haven’t figured out exactly how to get around it. It does not highlight which categories are already assigned so there is no way to deselect them. The bulk edit thing needs more work.

• Thanks for confirming the issue. Good luck with it (must be a lot of work – great site, though).

• The only thing you could have done is first create a new category (the one suitable for the majority of the posts), set it as your default category, then delete the “Uncategorized” category before bulk adding the rest. This way the “Uncategorized” posts would automatically be assigned to the new default category.

• The topic ‘categorization using bulk edit’ is closed to new replies.