can't get home page to bbe static & have blog on 'News' page

• the theme is Hemingway rewritten.
    Selecting homepage to be static page gives rise to instruction to create two pages, presumeably the NEWS page and another page that will be the Static Home page. not sure why homepage needs to be created- it exists alreadty- yet it’s not in the list of pages for the site i’ve built.
    So I create my News page, and then confusingly all the blogs appear both on the News page AND the old homepage. So I’m not sure whether deleting blogs will delete them completely from both pages.
    can’t seem to get the unwanted blogs off the new Home page, AND i can’t seem to make that page the actual home page- which home page is still there in the menus and is the page worked on in the customiser- yet isn’t in the list of pages for the site.
    Totally confused

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Howdy –

Let’s get you sorted around :)

The front page of your site, is the first one that loads when someone visits. That is set as a static page. Meaning that your posts are not displayed there.

In order to edit the content on your front page, the Welcome page, click on
    My Sites – Sites – Page – Welcome – Edit

The posts that you write are designated to publish on to the News page. So when visiting https://rosesocietyvic.wordpress.com/news/ or clicking on News from the menu you’ll find all of the posts automatically there.

Does this help? Write back with more questions.

• The topic ‘can't get home page to bbe static & have blog on 'News' page’ is closed to new replies.