Can I free up upload space?

• I got an email saying I’ve used up all my available upload space while importing my Tumblr blog. Is there any way to delete imported posts I don’t need to free up space, without buying the upgrade? I only need to import my drafts and a few posts, not my whole blog. A little more than half has already been uploaded, and it hasn’t touched my drafts.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, Only media files count against your storage space. Text doesn’t count at all. Unfortunately, resizing images after they’ve been uploaded doesn’t reduce space. You’d need to edit each post and replace each image with one that you’ve resized and optimized in an image editing program and then delete the original.

So it seems that your choices are to either upgrade to the Personal plan which gives you another 3 GB of storage for a total of 6 GB, replace the existing images with resized ones, as I mentioned, or start deleting old media.

But let me also tag this thread for Staff input in case they have any other suggestion for you.

• Hi there,

@justjennifer
    provided all the reasonable options to free up storage space. If for whatever reason it is easier for you to free up space of your Tumblr site pre-import, you have the option of emptying your site, and then reimporting it over once you are down resizing images, deleting certain media, etc.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

• The topic ‘Can I free up upload space?’ is closed to new replies.