can I design my domain for free through you

• I have my own domain, and pay wix for a site on it. I do not want to pay being that it doesn’t bring any money. It’s set up as a shopping site, but I only need it as a catalog. Can I design a ‘Catalog’ type site on my domain, for free using word press?

• Hi there,

This is the Forum for WordPress.com. We are a hosting company just like Wix, GoDaddy, or Siteground. We are different from WordPress, an open-source software that can be used with many hosts. You can read about the differences between the two here:

WP
    WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
    6 min read
    WordPress powers millions of websites, from bloggers and small businesses to massive news sites and companies. This guide will help you to understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, and which might be the best fit for your website. Overview of Differences The same WordPress software powers both WordPress.com and WordPress.org sites. One of the main differences is ho

At WordPress.com, we are experts on hosting sites that run on WordPress.

We have a Free plan that includes the basics, but it appears that you would like to use WordPress with your domain name, and this requires a paid plan at WordPress.com.

You can find out more about our paid plans here:

https://wordpress.com/pricing/

And here:

WP
    Choose a WordPress.com Plan
    5 min read
    Choose WordPress.com to build your website with lightning-fast hosting, intuitive editing, and everything you need to grow your audience. This guide will help you decide which WordPress.com plan suits your needs. Included For Free No matter which plan you choose, including the free version of WordPress.com, your website will come with the following: The Essentials Best-in-class ho
Reply to can I design my domain for free through you