Bulleted Lists Don’t Display Bullets

• I’m using the Sapphire theme, but it has a couple of problems that I’d like to fix. First and most important bulleted lists in posts don’t display with bullets and they don’t indent correctly.

I see two areas in the CSS that seem relevant.

html>body .entry ul {
    margin-left: 0px;
    padding: 0 0 0 30px;
    list-style: none;
    padding-left: 10px;
    text-indent: -10px;
    }

and

.postmetadata ul, .postmetadata li {
    display: inline;
    list-style-type: none;
    list-style-image: none;
    }

But changing these areas appears to have no effect on a bulleted list in a post.

Anybody have any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks very much,
    Steve

• If you do a search, you’ll discover a list a long while back I did on the Sapphire theme of what I thought was wrong with it.

First and most important bulleted lists in posts don’t display with bullets and they don’t indent correctly.

Well, that’s really a matter of opinion. These themes were designed by a number of different folks and they could pretty much do what they want with them. Staff members were the ones who added them in here and they went with a wide selection of different type.

If you have the CSS upgrade, you can edit the theme’s CSS yourself. You’re free to send in a feedback and point this out to staff but in the past, they’ve pretty much left the themes be unless something was seriously wrong or broken with them.

• I did a search on the forums for “Sapphire” and didn’t find much. Where should I be looking?

I understand that I can edit the CSS — that’s what I was trying to do. But nothing I tried worked. I was hoping for a little help figuring out what I’m doing wrong, what descriptor I have to change.

Thanks for your help and attention,
    Steve

• .entry li {
    list-style-type: square;
    padding-left: 1em;
    }

would add square bullets to lists in your entries. however, i don’t see that you’ve bought the custom CSS upgrade, which you’ll have to do to customize your blog that way.

• Yea, I understand. I was experimenting with the preview function to see if I could get what I wanted first. Thanks for the help — that clarifies things.

Steve

• I don’t have the upgrade and I have the same problem with “Unsleepable”, a theme I’d like to keep if possible. Do I have to change, and which themes show the bullets?

• engtech did up a series of reviews that you can check out. I don’t know if he covered that or not.

• All I could find was a post where he says that the bullets don’t work, but that the numbered list does. I guess I could buy the upgrade and edit it myself if I can find an easy way to transfer the money (living in Sweden).

• .entry li {
    list-style-type: square;
    padding-left: 1em;
    }

doesn`t work for me

• The topic ‘Bulleted Lists Don’t Display Bullets’ is closed to new replies.