Bug fixes for beep beep boop editor

• The only way to access the classic editor for right now is through the method you mention (All Posts -> Edit). We don’t have plans in place right now to put in a preference so that the edit link defaults to the classic editor.

Then you should change your “plans”. You have professional WordPress users very disappointed and frustrated. I guess having users happy is of minor importance.

• We have all have known since March 18th, 2015 that the new editor will not have a link to the classic editor in it. Using the word must and demanding Staff do this or that numerous times makes no sense.

• Staff do not have to change their position.
    • You know that.
    • They know that.
    • We all know that.

As you are so unhappy about using the classic editor via workarounds you may want to do what I did.

I diverted my attention from protesting and I have contingency plan in place. I hired a web host and set up a WordPress.ORG install, which is set to private, so I can move my domains and content if needs be. Perhaps you may want to look into doing the same.

That said, I have said this before and do not hesitate to say it again, I do have full confidence that once this bumpy roller coaster ride is done and the final iteration has been debugged, WordPress.COM staff will have created a rockin editor that will rival the classic editor.

• I believe that a constant soft presence … like the waves we have here in Hawaii … does eventually wear away stones. Some of us are not happy with work arounds. Most of us are already very familliar with them and there have been hundreds of identical posts giving instructions to the few posters who aren’t already aware of those alternatives.

And many of us do not have confidence in that final editor. The stats page is still a mess … but because comments have died down, it will sit there in its present condition. The record is not stellar in the last couple of years. Because some people are content or have their own plans, doesn’t let WordPress off the hook. If we are silent, we most definitely will be forgotten. Which is exactly what developers hope will happen.

I for one, will not throw in the towel just yet. Nor try to silence those who like me are hoping for an option to be given.

• https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/favcion-plugin-1?replies=2#post-2349816

I for one, will not throw in the towel just yet. Nor try to silence those who like me are hoping for an option to be given.

+1.000

• @nikkitytom
    I’m glad we are in contact and that we are both mature enough not to take offence when another person has opinions and approaches that are not in accord with your own.

re: less that stellar performance

My approach is not the same as yours but I will not hesitate to share mine. My intention is to create my own happiness in all things I do. I do that by honoring my feelings, stating my opinions and graciously accepting the outcomes when it comes to things I cannot control. I am pragmatic so I am always solution orientated and always moving forward.

Recent examples:

I do not complain to check out clerks about less than stellar grocery store policy changes about air miles, because doing so would be futile and would make me look like a fool or crank.

I do not complain to bank tellers about less than stellar bank policies because I entered contracts with them, and complaining after the fact would be futile as well as making me look like a fool or a crank.

When I am not satisfied with any policy changes or services I first read the small print, to be sure what I really contracted for. Then, if and only if I have legal grounds to stand on, I go directly to TPTB and or their agents with my complaints. If and when I get a response that I do not like – I take my business elsewhere.

Kind regards.

• your own was meant to be our own

• I rarely complain. I consider most daily infractions or incidents no more than that. Incidents. This latest debacle with WordPress is one of the very few times I’ve spoken up. The last time resulted in a case which made legal history. The one before, occasioned a change in municipal law. I guess because I know that victory is sometimes achieved with a very few cogent protests, I am still participating in this one. Even though it is a relatively minor one.

I have loved WordPress … the ease of working with it and have recommended it to so many people in the past few years, I feel a connection and in a way, a responsibility. That’s why I’m still here commenting.

We want choice. We want that option. And these forums allow us a voice. Even a small voice … to make that request.

• Hi again,

The support forum is for technical issues and this is where jaw501 correctly posted this thread on the advice of lizthefair. Her issues, concerns and feedback have been addressed by Staff.

And these forums allow us a voice. Even a small voice … to make that request.

The Ideas Forum is for
    Ideas, Suggestions, and Conversations about blogging on WordPress.com

That being saidn this isn’t a new idea and both of us know that. :)

• @nikkitytom & @joanlluch
    Unfortunately, WordPress is big enough to care shit about what we users want.

@jeremeylduvall

The classic editor will continue to stay in place!

Now that I simply don’t believe.

• @jeremeylduvall I am putting in my request (again) to ask Staff to create a sticky post at the top of these forums with a list of the changes to the New Editor rather than making community members run around askance and willy-nilly looking for this information in forum threads.

• Hi @justjennifer,

We’ve discussed this option and decided not to put a sticky thread on the forum. You can continue to direct individuals to this post if you would like:

https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/please-reinstate-the-option-of-choice-to-use-the-old-publishing-format/page/32?replies=553#post-2338964

• @jeremeylduvall – is that post by lizthefair being updated?

• Hi @justjennifer! Just updated that thread with a post regarding the editor formatting. We’ll update it again when line break issues are resolved!

• The topic ‘Bug fixes for beep beep boop editor’ is closed to new replies.