Block Editor on mobile app lacking/missing block options?

• Hey everyone!

I’m a little confused about the app’s Block Editor. I was happy to be using it on my desktop computer when it was released last year, like making buttons and such, but the majority of my posts are done while I’m out of the house and using an iPad.

I decided to try the Block Editor today on the app and it seems that it only has four options for new blocks: Paragraph, Heading, Image, and Page Break.

On the desktop site, there’s like a million other block options. Am I missing something or has WordPress just decided to not add the other block types? And if so, do they plan on adding them in the future at all?

Thank you guys so much for reading!
    – RB

• Hi rbtheartisan,

Am I missing something or has WordPress just decided to not add the other block types?

These are the blocks currently supported on our mobile apps:

• Paragraph
    • Heading
    • Lists
    • Separator
    • Page Break

Our developers are actively working on adding support for other blocks but at the moment, I’m unable to give you a timeframe on when that might be and the order they will be added. But they will be added as soon as they are ready :)

• The topic ‘Block Editor on mobile app lacking/missing block options?’ is closed to new replies.