Better social media control from the posts editor

• Can we have the option of sending separate messages to the linked social media sites from the posts editor, so we can tailor a message for maximum impact on Facebook, Twitter etc. e.g. I might a short impactful message for Twitter with hashtags, but a longer more detailed message sent to Facebook.

Being able to include different images which are formatted for the target system would be of great benefit as would being able to see a preview of the post on the target system before publishing the wordpress post.

Ideally I would like to be able to channel where a post is published as well, most of the time I just want to publish to my Facebook page, but on occasion I want to post directly to a Facebook event linked to the page, or indeed to both.

Also would it be possible to have the option of resending the notifications to the social media channel when significant changes are made to the post.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Can we have the option of sending separate messages to the linked social media sites from the posts editor, so we can tailor a message for maximum impact on Facebook, Twitter etc. e.g. I might a short impactful message for Twitter with hashtags, but a longer more detailed message sent to Facebook.

You can do that manually.

• Yes, it can be done manually, and if manual it’s much easier to do outside of WordPress.com in the social media application itself. WordPress could make my life much easier and the process faster by offering a dashboard approach to social media sharing helping ensure the message is consistent between the postings and maximises the message in those environments. I estimate controlling this in one place would save me 30 minutes per post.

• The topic ‘Better social media control from the posts editor’ is closed to new replies.