Baskerville 2 Side Margin Removal

• I can’t be the first to have this issue, but can’t find a fix that works on the forum or Google. I just want to remove the side margins from my posts, when using the Media & Text blocks. At the moment, using a succession of these blocks with pictures alternating left then right, means my text on the left doesn’t align with the picture above.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• OK, well maybe it’s the block I was using. I’ve found a workaround just wrapping the text around images.

• They’re not as neat as articles I’d read online (with text wrapping), and they don’t display the same in the editor as when published. Any ideas on how I can make the articles more professional welcome.

• You may want to try adding your media and text blocks inside of a group block, and then you can set the group block to full width alignment, and set the group block under Layout in the right setting sidebar to have the inner blocks use the content width.

WP
    Blocks » Group Block
    6 min read
    The Group block is a block that groups other blocks together inside one container. Think of it as a “parent” block that can hold multiple “child” blocks within it. Insert a Group Block In order to add a Group block, click on the + block inserter icon to open the block library and select the Group block: For more, visit our detailed instructions on adding blocks. After inserti
  • Many thanks for the help. I’ve tried that, and it doesn’t seem to do much different to just letting the text wrap, by aligning the images left or right?

Is there a resource showing great blog-style sites, that demonstrate best practice in formatting text and images?

• Hey there,

Many thanks for the help. I’ve tried that, and it doesn’t seem to do much different to just letting the text wrap, by aligning the images left or right?

Do you have a link to the page you’re working on? I see you’re on the premium plan, so using CSS could be an option here.

Is there a resource showing great blog-style sites, that demonstrate best practice in formatting text and images?

Hmm – that’s a good question, what kind of blog site are you aspiring too? I’m sure there are examples, and perhaps definitely themes you can emulate for sure.

Speak soon!

• The topic ‘Baskerville 2 Side Margin Removal’ is closed to new replies.