Background Appearance

• I have changed the color of my background but when I go to the live website it is a totally different color. Is there a setting I’m missing?

I also have some links that are supposed to be showing up on the sidebar but they are not there?

Please help!

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• thistimethisspace · Member ·

I tagged this thread for Theme Staff assistance as you are using a retired theme (Blix) that no longer supports all wordpress.COM features. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.

• Hi there,

You’re currently previewing the Custom Design features in your site’s customizer. You’ll need to exit that custom design preview before you can activate the free custom background features on your site.

To do that, open your site’s Customizer and go to the “Colors & Backgrounds” section there. At the top of that section, you’ll see this message:

This feature is a part of the Premium Plan. Purchase to make it live or exit the preview.

You can click on “exit the preview” there. Then, you can choose your custom background color and publish it on your site.

Please let me know if you have any questions about that. :)

I also have some links that are supposed to be showing up on the sidebar but they are not there?

What are the links that are missing from your sidebar? If I know more about what you expect to see there, I can help investigate that.

• thistimethisspace · Member ·

I found some old threads on this very old theme because I remembered that It seems that the Blix theme is quirky and widgets behave differently than they do in other themes. Also Blix simply doesn’t display the sidebar on static pages. Blix displays the sidebar only on dynamic pages (such as the main posts page or a category page) as well on the single post view, but not on static pages. Check the theme demo http://blixdemo.wordpress.com/

I suggest using a different theme.

• I cannot appearance in my dashboard. The blog that i need ur help is mfmcfcohealthtechoffa.wordpress.com

• Hi mfmcfhealthtechoffa2013,

Please start a new forum thread with your question, so we can help with it separately from the original issue posted in this forum thread. Thanks!

• The topic ‘Background Appearance’ is closed to new replies.