autosaving issues

• Autosaving seems to have become faulty in the last few days. It launches automatically but never completes. I can’t stop it either. Therefore I’ve lost lots of content that never showed up in the revision history. The only workaround I found is to manually copy past my posts before refreshing the web page. I’m using Google chrome Version 117.0.5938.92 if that’s any help.

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, sorry to hear that you have been having this trouble, and glad that you have discovered a workaround so that you have not lost any content.

Usually when an issue like this occurs, it can be traced to an expired (or broken) login auth cookie stored on your local web browser, or an issue with your browser cache. Since you mentioned that you are using Google Chrome as your browser, I would like you to try the following

• clear your cache and cookies based on the steps google recommends here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
    • Also make sure you are not blocking any “3rd party cookies” as explained in that guide as well.
    • If you continue to have loading issues after completing those steps, I would like you to try another browser instead, like Firefox. Are you able to see autosaves functioning correcty if you use a browser other than Chrome?

Thanks for the additional info!

• Im also having some issues with me site Australian Citizenship Practice Test . My main logo goes off in auto save and dont show in editing mode

• The topic ‘autosaving issues’ is closed to new replies.