Auth code not working for domain transfer

• I am trying to use WordPress’s 1-year promotion (https://wordpress.com/blog/2023/08/01/transfer-unlimited-google-domains-to-wordpresscom-for-free/) to transfer my domain out of Google Domains. However, it keeps saying that the auth code is not correct, even though I have verified it with Google that it is correct.

The domain name is lukeandamaris.com. The error I get is “This domain is unlocked but the authorization code seems incorrect.”

Would someone be able to help me with the transfer? If not, I would be forced to go with another domains provider.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there,

I’ve taken a look at our system logs, and I don’t see any errors related to your domain transfer. This leads me to believe that the issue might have been a temporary glitch.

Could you please try entering the authorization code again? It’s always a good idea to double-check for any potential typing errors or extra spaces. If the code is correct, it should work this time.

If the problem persists, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us. We’re determined to ensure a smooth transfer for you.

• Hi,

I just tried again, and I see the same error. I copied the domain directly from Google domains, and ensured there are no extra spaces. Is there perhaps an email I can send the auth code to, and you can try to do it for me?

• I’ve sent you an email. Please follow up there.

• Same issue for me when I try to transfer my domains from Google Domains to wordpress; it allways shows “This domain is unlocked but the authorization code seems incorrect.” for all my domains.

• Hi @projpronet9255,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing difficulties. In order to assist you better, could you please provide the names of the domains you’re trying to transfer? This will allow me to take a closer look and understand what might be going wrong.

• The topic ‘Auth code not working for domain transfer’ is closed to new replies.