anonymous posts

• How would I make it possible for anyone to post a blog entry to a site anonymously and have it go through me for approval first?

Im new to wordpress and anyhelp would be great.

• Can’t be done as such – anyone that makes a Post needs to be part of the blog and pre-approved.

Sort of workaround. Comments can be made by anyone – you could have a Post or Page that was flagged as special and then cut and paste the comment into a Post.

You could have a contact form that is identified as potential Post material and then cut and Paste into a Post.

Noting else that I can think of.

• @jacksoncounty4h
    What you are describing is not a blog at all. You are describing a forum or a wiki and you can get a free one on the internet and then link to it from your wordpress.com blog.

To locate free online frorums you can choose from type”free online forum” into Google.

Depending on the forum set-up, users can be anonymous or have to register with the forum and then subsequently log in in order to post messages. Usually you do not have to log in to read existing messages.

Wikis are typically powered by wiki software and are often used to create collaborative wiki websites, to power community websites, for personal note taking, in corporate intranets, and in knowledge management systems.

• The topic ‘anonymous posts’ is closed to new replies.