Animated GIFs not working.

• I’ve tried everything I can think of to make my animated GIFs work, and I’m stumped. Basically, when I upload them, they’ll animate (very quickly) through the four images, and then stop on the last image, instead of repeating. I’m not sure if my issue is the same as others’, who’s GIFs don’t seem to be animated at all. I tried the resizing thing, but the app I’m using says my GIFs are at 100%. So I don’t know what to do.

One of the GIFs I’m referring to is this one: http://sweatersinaugust.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/clovercanyonresort14.gif?w=640

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Did you upload your gif and then resize it? If so then that’s where you went wrong. In order for an animated gif to play, it must be full size when you upload it. Make sure the gif is no larger than the maximum width for your theme’s post area. If it is, then resize it on your computer before uploading it.

• I can see the images appearing in a glance, when clicking on it in your website. My guess is if you want the 4 images to show it would be probably look better in a small gallery.

• timethief: I am not English native, however practicing regularly on the web and elsewhere I am in a wonder while reading you in this one post. I will try to explain why:

“Did you upload your gif and then resize it?” // this seems to mean you suppose he uploaded it full size;

“If so then that’s where you went wrong. In order for an animated gif to play, it must be full size when you upload it.” // so should the image be uploaded full size, or resized first?

“Make sure the gif is no larger than the maximum width for your theme’s post area. If it is, then resize it on your computer before uploading it.” // again if it must be uploaded full size, how is it supposed to work have he resizes on his computer? :)

… anyhow it seems to me that in this case a small gallery rotating with some little setup to fine tune the delay between the display would be a good idea.

• If you click on this:
    http://sweatersinaugust.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/clovercanyonresort14.gif
    you’ll see that what you described is the behavior of the GIF itself, so this has nothing to do with WP or with inserting the image. If you created this, you probably didn’t create it the way you wanted it: when you create a GIF, you can adjust the timing, and you can set it to loop or no loop.

• The topic ‘Animated GIFs not working.’ is closed to new replies.