Amazon Affiliates for Books

• Hello!

I have the WordPress business plan and it looks like I am unable to use the Text AND Image combo Amazon Affiliate product codes. I was wondering if there are any plans to allow this feature any time soon?

They are HTML codes and I’m wanting to place it in the body after my book review text. Every time I generate and place the combo codes in the post body, they get transformed into a generic Amazon website URL and the image gets overwritten as well after a day or two.

I’d like to use the text/image combo specifically for book posts because the image only codes just show the book cover and it doesn’t look like a product like other Amazon product images such as cake or crafting supplies.

If we can’t use the Text AND Image combo code, what do you recommend we do? Would you recommend creating a widget (50+) for every post and placing it there?

Here is a post on my website showing what happens:
    https://ericarobbin.com/2019/04/02/face-paint-the-story-of-makeup-by-lisa-eldridge/

Thanks for your assistance.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi ericarobbin,

I see you chatted to one of our Happiness Engineers and they mentioned we don’t currently offer the option to use Amazon affiliate links containing both text and images:

https://en.support.wordpress.com/adding-amazon-com-affiliate-links-to-your-wordpress-com-site/#step-3

I was wondering if there are any plans to allow this feature any time soon?

There are currently no plans to. The code is generated on Amazon’s end so they would need to add support for affiliate links including both.

If we can’t use the Text AND Image combo code, what do you recommend we do?

For the moment, you will need to choose between one or the other — trying to customise the affiliate links to include both could cause the link itself to stop working correctly.

If there is anything else we can help with, you’re welcome to start a chat.

• The topic ‘Amazon Affiliates for Books’ is closed to new replies.