All text just turned to italics !!!

• I was just creating a new post. Yes, I did want one line in italics, so I highlighted and changed that line. Then when I previewed, everything was italics. I tried 3 new post, but experienced same “all text in italics” problem. Then I looked at my existing blog – ALL IN ITALICS NOW!!! Needless to say, and I probably sound it, but I’m frustrated. I don’t want all readers to have to tilt their heads to read my words. I did look at the other “turned to italics” questions and answers and couldn’t make sense of how to fix my problem. Please help.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Relax this is a common problem that you can fix. :)

Typically this is caused by an open HTML tag in one of your posts or in a text widget. You must locate it and close it.

Go to Settings > Writing and select “ ___ WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically” and then scroll down and click “Save Changes.”

Now, starting with your latest post, open it in the editor, make one minor change such as adding a space and then deleting it, and then click “Update Post.” Check your blog and see if it is back to normal.

If it’s not, then look for an open HTML tag and close it. Check your blog again and see if it is back to normal. If it’s still “messed up” then open the next post and do the same thing post by post until it goes back to normal.

If you have been copying and pasting text from elsewhere without using either icon 5 or icon 6 in Row 2 of the visual editor, please see here so you know how to do this correctly in the future. http://en.support.wordpress.com/visual-editor/#pasting-text

• The topic ‘All text just turned to italics !!!’ is closed to new replies.