Ads suddenly appearing all over the website

• Hello, I’m currently using a Free WordPress, and I know that I will have ads on my website, but as far as I know, isn’t it supposed to be on the bottom of the post/page? Why is it suddenly appearing all over the place??

My website is https://elysianpit.wordpress.com/

Thank you in advance for the help.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there @leirysian, the ads could potentially appear anywhere in a post or page. Has this changed recently for you?

• Yeah, it’s usually 1 to 3 ads and either at the top or bottom of the page/posts, but recently it’s like 5 to 10 ads all over the post. Is that normal for the ads to be that intrusive?

• Hi!

All WordPress.com themes have various designated ad-spaces.

As such, they can be used to display ads at any given moment, randomly.

If you’d rather not have ads on your site, you can consider upgrading your site to a most affordable plan, the Personal plan:

You can learn more about the Personal plan benefits (other than having no ads) here:

WP
    WordPress.com Plans
    7 min read
    All WordPress.com sites are packed with awesome features, including best-in-class hosting, Jetpack essential features to speed up your site performance and protect it from spammers, and a pre-installed SSL certificate ensuring privacy and safety. We suggest exploring our upgraded plan options if you want to take your site to the next level. We currently offer four plans: Personal, Premium, Busi

• I know there is designated space for ads, what I am asking is it normal for the ads to appear out of the designates spaces in huge amount that make posts virtually unreadable?

Is there a new ads policy? Because some days ago, the ads aren’t obstructive. They appear here and there in sparse amount, but now whenever I just scroll, ads appear. 3 ads can appear simultaneously in my screen and I only can read one short paragraph before scrolling down and met with another ads.

I am worried whether it is an adware. So a clear answer of “Yes, our ads are becoming intrusive and can appear out of the designates places” would actually help me better.

• @leirysian, if you’d like to get a screenshot, upload it to https://wordpress.com/media, then either share it here or have us take a look, we can confirm whether they are our ads.

We’re checking with our ads team re: changes.

• While I would love to do that, I am ashamed to say that, magically, I can’t find any ads in my posts to screenshot today.

Maybe I should have wait for some more days until the ads start reappearing. I will make sure to screenshot a lot of it by that time. But, I hope that time wouldn’t come.

Thank you for your time and patience, and most of all, thank you for your help.

• Thanks @leirysian.

The ads team was able to confirm they are iterating on the system. You may see more ads than usual, but if they are breaking the layout of your site, please let us know, and get a screenshot and page link where you had the issue, if possible.

• The topic ‘Ads suddenly appearing all over the website’ is closed to new replies.