Adding subscribers manually

• I haven’t been able to add subscribers for a while now. At first I though I needed to refresh/ update my browser or something but its been stuck like this for a while now.

I tried to delete some subscribers in case there was a limit on subscribers but now it wont even let me re-subscribe anyone at all.

The window pop-up to add subscribers is shaded out and the button to add is constantly loading. Atm I only have 47 subscribers on my list, why can’t I add anyone anymore?

WP.com: Yes
    Jetpack: No
    Correct account: Yes

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there, normally you can send 10 invites at a time. In order to add more, those invited subscribers need to confirm their subscription or you need to delete their pending invite.

If you are having troubles with the Invite page fully loading, try logging out of WordPress.com, clearing your browser cache and cookies (which will also log you out of every site you are currently logged in to) and then log back in to your WordPress.com site. Another option is to try using an incognito window or a different browser to the one you normally use here. You’ll find more browser troubleshooting tips in this guide.

Let us know how that goes.

• Hi! I have no pending invites and have used incognito, updated my browsers, used different browsers, and even logged in/out. I’m still getting this as my popup when trying to add subscribers.

• Hello again, Are you still encountering an issue when adding subscribers?

Thank you for providing a screenshot. As far as I can see from your screenshot, all those “emails” in the form are placeholders and not actual emails. Do you still see the same thing (the “Add subscribers” button continually loading) when you add actual email addresses instead?

If that doesn’t work, have you tried importing email addresses by uploading a CSV file by following this guide https://wordpress.com/support/import-subscribers-to-a-newsletter/

Again, let us know how that goes.

• Just following up that after encountering this same issue on my test site after posting here, I contacted support by email and was advised that this is a known issue impacting other WordPress.com users. Hopefully, we’ll get an update at some point.

In the meantime, if the people you are trying to subscribe to your site are volunteers or people who know you, you can point them to the subscribe form on your site’s front page.

Hope that helps.

• Hi @justjennifer thanks for the follow-up!

In regard to the screenshot the placeholder boxes are uneditable, they’re grayed out and will not let me add any text into the slots. I’ve also tried to upload using a CSV, the box that pops up says something like “you will be sent a email once the upload is completed. I’ve never gotten a email and my subscriber list never changes.

I’ve sort of been able to send some people through the front page however my volunteers struggle with tech and using a “subscribe” form gets easily overlooked. It would be great if I could go ahead and do it on my end. I appreciate hearing that I may not be the only one facing this obstacle! Thanks for the heads up, appreciate it!!

• I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having a problem with this as I was advised by support that the issue was resolved and, indeed, I was able to add subscribers to my test site. By the look of your screenshot, the “Add Subscribers” button seems active even before you’ve added anything. Here is what my Add Subscribers box looks like:

If you’re not able to add subscribers even in an incognito window with ad blockers disabled and 3rd party cookies enabled, I’m afraid I don’t have any other suggestion for you.

Reply to Adding subscribers manually