Adding custom header to Regulus – url issue

• Hi, I’ve read some of the forum background but haven’t arrived at a solution. I have a .jpg image to use for the custom header but see that Regulus wants an url along the lines of – “http://www.yoursite.com/yourfile.jpg”. I tried adding the image to a page on the website, but it’s a CMS-generated page and didn’t work. How can I translate the .jpg into an url that Regulus will accept? Thanks so much. I’m a contributor on Kylea’s blog in progress and helping out with its creation.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Is this the blog you are talking about http://kyleataylor.wordpress.com/ ?.

First off, only someone with administrator privileges can upload and install a header image. An administrator would do the following:

1. To add a custom header image, first create the image at the exact size required for the theme being used, (730 x 140 in the case of Regulus) and save it on your computer.

2. Go to appearance > custom header and under “upload new custom header” click the “select file” button, navigate to your header image on your computer, select it and then click the “choose” button.

• Yes, that’s the blog. When I go to Appearance, I see Themes, Widgets, Extras, Current Theme Options, Edit CSS. I don’t see custom header option. If I go to Current Theme Options, it asks for the url of the image rather than the .jpg that I have saved on the computer. I can’t find the options that you describe in your directions with this template. It sounds like you are saying that I can upload a .jpg rather than an url address. Thanks for your help!

• Regulus is a little weird when it comes to headers. Upload the header to the media library, and get the URL of that image from the media library after it is uploaded and put that into the “header image URL” field and click save changes. You will have to make a header image to the exact dimensions required for the theme which is 730 pixels wide by 140 pixels high.

• Thanks, I’m making some progress. I uploaded the image, which is 730 x 140, to Media Library and added to the Regulus image header field but it says it’s an invalid image after I save settings. I tried two ways. First, just as you said, and then the second time I clicked on the header after I entered the url and it changed to the custom one. Then I saved but got the same response. Sigh …

• Oh, wait. I checked and it worked even with the invalid image note. Thank you!!!

• You’re welcome. Regulus is a little flakey in some respects and I’ve never played with it very much. I’m glad you now have your header working.

• The topic ‘Adding custom header to Regulus – url issue’ is closed to new replies.