Add text to sidebar in category page in the Columnist theme

• Hello

I have set up a Category called русский which is essentially the 4 posts on the homepage, duplicated in a Russian translation.

Is it possible to somehow re-create the site Tagline (which is shown in the left side bar on the homepage), so that I can insert a Russian translation in the same place on the Category page?

I am running the Columnist theme with CSS upgrade.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• You can add plain text using CSS with the “content” property, and you can target specific types of pages in WordPres by using the class names from the body tag at the beginning of your selectors. For example, use “.category” to target all category pages.

Here is an example:

.category #masthead:after {
    	content: "Add some text here";
    	display: block;
    	padding-top: 50px;
    }

Note that this is only one possible way to solve the problem, there could be other ways that I haven’t thought of :) this is the first thing that came to mind.

Also, note that you can adjust the style of the text or add a border to customize the look of it if you add more CSS properties to the example block above.

If you’re new to CSS, start with this tutorial to learn more:
    http://www.htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/

• This is perfect – thank you so much for your help

• The topic ‘Add text to sidebar in category page in the Columnist theme’ is closed to new replies.