Active access token problem using Tor Browser

• @zevkiyat—I was able to create a site under your account at the address zevkiyatblog.wordpress.com. Can you try to post to your site at wordpress.com/post and let me know if you still experience the issue?

@truthadmin1—Similarly, I was able to create a site under your account at truthadmin1blog.wordpress.com. Can you try posting as well as mentioned above?

• Thanks for the answer first. If I go at wordpress.com/post it says to me i should choose a website to post but the one you created is not shown.

if i visit the site wordpress.com/post/truthadmin1blog.wordpress.com then i’m able to write something but i cant post it.

• if i visit the site wordpress.com/post/truthadmin1blog.wordpress.com then i’m able to write something but i cant post it.

@truthadmin1—do you receive an error similar to the following but mentioning posting instead of creating a new site?

An active access token must be used create a new Site for the User

• also getting this error trying to create a blog using the tor browser.
    have successfully activated my account and am able to log in using the tor browser.
    But creating a blog gives me the access token error when setting domain name.
    No other browser is of use to me at this stage. I will continue looking into it. If you have found a solution please share it with us.

• I created an account and verified email but like others using Tor I cannot actually create a site and am getting ‘Active access token…’ error. Username is l0neraven.

• @jeremeylduvall – No, this error is not shown. I cant even see the button to post. Only the field where I can write and change the style of the text etc is shown. The rest is just “loading” endless.

• Hello, excuse my English I am French.
    I use Tails using Tor and I’m blocked.
    When I try to install a theme it marks me “An active access token must be used Create A New Site for the User”
    It’s been five days, I’m looking and I’m afraid there is nothing to.
    Also, I can not update the profile, change password or other.
    Google Traduction
    (original)
    Bonjour, excuser mon anglais, je suis français.
    J’utilise Tails qui utilise Tor et je suis comme vous bloquer.
    Quand j’essaie d’installer un theme il me marque “An active access token must be used create a new Site for the User”
    Cela fait 5 jour que je cherche et j’ai bien peur qu’il n’y est rien faire.
    Aussi, Je ne peux mettre le profil jour, changer le mot de passe ou autre.

• I’m having the same problem trying to create a site. Every time I try, I get the message…

“An active access token must be used create a new Site for the User.”

I haven’t seen any solutions to this problem in any of the forums. Please help!

• Hey All! Sorry for the delay here. We’re still looking into this. We’ll update you as soon as we know more.

• Hey everyone! We’re still digging into this, but if anyone has additional information about their Tor browser config, that would be helpful. For example, the following information would be beneficial:

– Do you have cookies disabled?
    – Are you using the Tor Browser Bundle or something else?

• Same problem here. I’m using Tor Browser 5.5.5. and was able to create an account but not to receive the confirmation email or to create a blog. I keep getting these messages:

“An active access token must be used to send this user a verification email.”

and

“An active access token must be used create a new Site for the User.”

I’ve tried disabling all plugins and addons but that doesn’t help. I’ve also cleared cookies and cache and tried several Tor identities. Nothing helps. I’ve used Tor to create a wordpress.com blog circa 2013 and had no problems whatsoever.

Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated.

NOTE: The blog in question is on a different account from this one.

Thanks.

• Hey jeremeylduvall,

I confirm eesnnerw’s experience, using the tor browser bundled with the current release of
    Tails 2.3 (published April 26th 2016)
    without having changed the standard settings, nevertheless played then with different setting unfortunately with the same result.
    Rreceiving error messages for trying to create a new site (after selecting an appropiate domain, says “An active access token must be used create a new Site for the User.”) or trying to follow a website (“Sorry, we couldn’t follow this site. Please try again in a while.”). Thank you in advance for further digging into it.

• Hello
    Changing the standard setting by deselecting Restrict third party cookies tracking and other data from Privacy & Security settings… of tor browser and just reloading the wordpress.com page solved above described issues.
    Best Regards

• Huzzah!
    Thanks, korreferat. Much obliged.

• Thanks so much @korreferat! If anyone else is having this issue, can you give the solution described by @korreferat a try? I’ll paste it again here:

Changing the standard setting by deselecting Restrict third party cookies tracking and other data from Privacy & Security settings… of tor browser and just reloading the wordpress.com page solved above described issues.

• The topic ‘Active access token problem using Tor Browser’ is closed to new replies.