Account Recovery

• Good afternoon,

I recently did a backup/restore action for my website at venturefornature.com and I lost all of my themes and plugins for the site–along with everything else.

Is there any way that you can help? I can’t access my previous history for the website–when I enter my WordPress account, again, everything turned back to the initial phase and all of my work is gone.

All the help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

João Carvalho

Site: venturefornature.com.
    WP.com: Yes
    Correct account: Unknown

• Hi there,

Firstly, I’m sorry to hear about your site. You are so calm in your request here, but personally I’d be in an absolute panic!

Sadly We’re limited in how we can help because we don’t actually host your site on WordPress.com. Your host, Bluehost, uses a different version of the WordPress platform and we don’t have access to your server files. That means that essentially we don’t have backups or historic data on your site I’m afraid.

But, I’m hoping I can assist you by pointing you in the right direction. As I mentioned above your site is at Bluehost, so I recommendation that you contact them immediately and ask if they are able to restore your site from their internal backups.

Then, once you get your site up and running again, you may want to consider adding our Jetpack Backups solution to your site. It’s takes a daily backup of your site automatically that you have full access to, so you could restore your own site with just a click.

Hope this helps and I wish you the best!

• The topic ‘Account Recovery’ is closed to new replies.