A WordPress User had Copyrighted my Wix.com Site

• Hello!

I have a wix.com site and unfortunately, one of your WordPress users has copyrighted some of the information on my site. The forms used on their site are word for word ours, as well as our slogan ‘creating possibilities’. What can be done about this? My site was created June 2020 and has had a copyright since its creation. Thank you for your time and have a great day!

• You can report that site at https://wordpress.com/support/copyright-and-the-dmca/.
    When I search for ‘creating possibilities’ I get about 278.000.000 hits …

• Hi there,

Unless you have a registered trademark on the phrase, “creating possibilities”, anyone has the right to use that. You can’t own copyright on a single word or collection of words, and you’re definitely not the first person to use those two words in that combination.

Copyright only applies to substantial original content created by you, like a post or page you wrote, or a photo you took and published. In that case, you can request removal of such content via a DMCA takedown notice as explained above.

I see you have since deleted the account you used to post here, so I’m closing this thread to further replies.

• The topic ‘A WordPress User had Copyrighted my Wix.com Site’ is closed to new replies.