A message on my dashboard – is it legit?

• I’ve just logged on and a new thing has appeared on the dashboard. It’s a blue box containing this text: Congratulations, you win the prize! The chance to take our 5 second survey :)

I’m already fizzing about the spam referrals (which I know you’re looking into and thanks in advance), but this is something else entirely. Unless it’s a legit WordPress message, in which case, I’ll just ignore it. If you have any ideas on what this is I’d be interested to know. Thanks.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Yes, that’s us, don’t worry!

• I have the same 5 second survey on my dashboard. There is no space to provide a reason for the rating you choose.FAIL!

• That’s a very rude thing to say timethief

• That’s a very silly thing to say thetpsreport

• I don’t think that it is nice to call someone a failure just for asking a question

• As I said, that was a very silly thing to say. Before you make a fool of yourself again, try to understand what tt is saying.

• Pretty sure TT was addressing Hanni, and WP in general. . .

• Congratulations, you win the prize! The chance to take our 5 second survey :)
    How likely is it that you would recommend WordPress.com to your friends, family, or colleagues? (0: Not a chance, 10: Absolutely)

I’m not prepared to assign a score from 1 – 10 with regard to recommending wordpress.com to everyone I know who wants to set up a blog. My family members, friends and colleagues do not all have the same requirements and same expectations from a blog, nor do they have the same skill sets. and same levels of willingness when it comes to learning new skills. . Also some may be prepared to pay for additional features and others may not be prepared to do so.

There are many different blogging platforms and I have blogs on several. They all have different features and some of those features on other blogging platforms, may better suited to meet the requirements and expectations of my family members, friends and colleagues than wordpress.com is.

I value my relationships with family, friends and colleagues too highly to fob off a 5 second “one-size-fits-all” answer on the survey. My approach has been and will continue to be assessing the needs, expectations, skill sets, willingness to learn, and financial preparedness of each individual, and researching the features of all the different blogging platforms before I made a recommendation. And, those are the reasons why the construct of the 5 second survey produced a FAIL! from me.

• “The thing” appears in GlotPres for translation.
    http://translate.wordpress.com/projects/wpcom/gl/default?page=6
    I cannot do it, because I have not seen “the thing” in its context. It isn’t on my dashboard.
    In Spanish forum is said it is a joke.

• The topic ‘A message on my dashboard – is it legit?’ is closed to new replies.