A critical error has occurred on your website

• Hello my friends

This morning I wanted to write a post and instead of editor I got the text A critical error has occurred on your website

What exactly it is about was sent to my @ mailbox (see text below)

An error of type E_ERROR was caused on line 1618 of the file /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-solution/core/woocommerce/hooks.php. Error report: Uncaught Error: Class “Automattic\WooCommerce\Utilities\OrderUtil” not found in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wp-event-solution/core/woocommerce/hooks.php:1618
    Stack trace:
    #0 /wordpress/core/6.5.3/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(326): Etn\Core\Woocommerce\Hooks->etn_order_page_metabox_init(‘post’)
    #1 /wordpress/core/6.5.3/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #2 /wordpress/core/6.5.3/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 /wordpress/core/6.5.3/wp-admin/includes/meta-boxes.php(1714): do_action(‘add_meta_boxes’, ‘post’, Object(WP_Post))
    #4 /wordpress/core/6.5.3/wp-admin/edit-form-blocks.php(276): register_and_do_post_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Post))
    #5 /wordpress/core/6.5.3/wp-admin/post-new.php(72): require(‘/wordpress/core…’)
    #6 {main}
      thrown

I will be glad for any help

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Howdy –

You’ll be able to restore the site to the last working version with these steps.

WP
    Back Up and Restore Your Website
    6 min read
    Jetpack VaultPress Backup automatically saves every change and helps you get back online quickly with one‑click restores. This guide will show you how to access your site’s backups and restore your website to any previous point in time. This feature is available on sites with the WordPress.com Creator or Entrepreneur plan. If your site has one of our legacy plans, it is available on the Pro pl

Typically, we see critical errors after a theme or plugin has been added/updated. One way to prevent those changes from impacting your live site is to utilize a staging environment. This is included with your hosting package.

A brief plugin test points towards wp-event-solution causing this fatal error. I figured this out by turning off your plugins and then adding them back one at a time until the new post/new page fatal error came back. This is the plugin that triggers that error. Leaving it deactivated will allow you to continue working on things.

Our support encompasses the tools and products that are built and maintained here. Please reach out to that team directly for help with their product.

• Hi there!

The critical error that you are facing on your site while opening the editor could be due to a third-party plugin on your site that is interfering with the WooCommerce plugin to the Editor plugin.

To debug this, I would advise you to follow the troubleshoot guide here-
    https://wordpress.com/support/plugins/solve-problems-with-plugins/

Once you’ve tried that and it doesn’t help, please respond to this thread and we’ll help you further!

• the Eventin plugin seems to be causing the problem. I have not had this add-on until this morning, when I sat down at the PC, I noticed that new updates are available not only for this add-on, but also for the theme.

However, before I went to update it, I wanted to write a post and it was no longer possible and @ I got the problem list.

The situation is that if I want to write a post, I have to deactivate Eventin and then it works, but that doesn’t solve the problem because this way the possibility of creating Envent is also blocked.

I don’t know what exactly happened, or what preceded this, it’s just bad because everything was OK yesterday

Foto: https://zv-podujatia.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/Snimka-obrazovky-2024-05-08-183349.jpg

• I’ve rolled back Eventin to a previous version. Could you please check from your end to see if the issue persits?

If the issue persists, please let us know, and we’ll roll it back to an earlier version.

If the issue doesn’t happen, please contact Eventin support directly here: https://themewinter.com/support/

This might be a bug in the new version of a conflict between the Eventin plugin or another one (for example, a version discrepancy with Eventin Pro). Since they developed the plugin, they are the best-equipped to help you find and solve the exact cause of the issue.

• it’s hard to find words to say thank you, but everything is going as it should and once again thank you very much for your help

• You are very much welcome! I’ll mark this issue resolved for now, but don’t hesitate to contact us again if you need anything else!

• The topic ‘A critical error has occurred on your website’ is closed to new replies.