After you activate Silvio, head over to the Customizer to start customizing your site. You’ll find options to customize the menu, header, background, and widgets. You can see changes right away in the live preview, so it’s easy and fun to play with your settings. The changes won’t be applied until you click Save & Publish.
Create a custom menu and add links, pages, categories, tags, or posts. Assign the menu to the Primary Menu location, and it will appear in your site’s navigation bar.
Social Links Menu
Silvio also has a footer menu option, which you can use for social icons.
- To add a footer menu, go to your dashboard’s Menus tab.
- On the left side of the Menu page, click the Custom Links menu item to add to your social links.
- Add the URL for each of your social profiles and Link Text to label the link. Silvio will detect which site you are linking to and display a matching icon. Icons are available for the following services: Bitbucket, CodePen, Digg, Dribbble, Dropbox, Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, GitHub, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, RSS, Skype, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stumbleupon, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Vimeo, WordPress, Xing, and YouTube.
- Once you’ve created the menu, you can assign it to the Social Links Menu in the Theme Locations section.
- When the menu is ready to go, click Save Menu.
Custom Header Image
To change the Custom Header, go to Customize → Header Image. Pick an image from your Media Library, or upload something new.
Your site’s title will be displayed in the header area on your homepage. You can easily replace this text with your own logo or custom image in the Customizer. Go to Customize → Site Identity and upload a new image.
You can customize your site’s background via Customize → Backgrounds & Colors. Choose a background color, or upload your own background image. In order to keep the text readable, we suggest a lighter background image.
You can edit widgets in Customize → Widgets. Silvio offers four widgets areas: the Main Widget Area, which appears after clicking the more icon in the header bar, and three optional Footer Widget Areas. If you don’t add any widgets to the sidebar area, the sidebar won’t be displayed.
You can hide certain elements by using the checkboxes in Customize → Theme Options. Here, you can hide the search icon in the navigation bar, as well as removing your social menu from either the footer or the homepage.