Looking to bring some balance back to your website? Well, Rebalance will help you do that!
Rebalance is a simple portfolio theme for photographers, artists, and graphic designers looking to showcase their work. It was designed by Automattic’s very own Mel Choyce and inspired by the classic Imbalance 2 theme. Rebalance‘s clean look and large-format imagery make it great for displaying artwork and photography. Its responsive layout is optimized for all devices and its great typography keeps your text legible and stylish no matter the size of your screen. It comes with six custom accent colors to choose from and supports a site logo, so you can tweak the design to your liking.
Featured Images are important in Rebalance. Featured images appear in several places, including archive pages, the portfolio page template, and the home page, so don’t forget to add one that’s at least 1200px wide for every post or project!
The Featured Content area in Rebalance is displayed above posts on the home page and above projects on the Portfolio page template.
To set up the Featured Content area:
- Navigate to Appearance → Customize → Featured Content.
- Enter the name of a tag.
- Click the blue “Save” button at the bottom.
- Create a post, page, or portfolio item with a Featured Image.
- Assign the post the tag you declared under Appearance → Customize → Featured Content.
Rebalance takes advantage of the Portfolio feature on WordPress.com, offering unique layouts and organization for your portfolio projects. Learn how to enable and set up this exciting Portfolio feature.
People love seeing full-size images of your work, so make sure the images you include are at least 1200px wide. Rebalance displays these images at nearly full width on larger screens.
Portfolio Page Template
This template will display your portfolio and allow you to set your portfolio as the site’s front page.
When you first activate Rebalance, you’ll see your posts laid out in a grid. If you’d like to use the portfolio page template as the front page of your site which displays your projects, it’s simple to configure:
- Create or edit a page, and assign it to the Portfolio Page Template from the Page Attributes module.
- Go to Settings → Reading and set “Front page displays” to “A static page”.
- Select the page you just assigned the Portfolio Page Template to as “Front page” and set another page as the “Posts page” to display your blog posts.
Where is the Portfolio archive page?
Along with the Portfolio Page Template, your projects will be displayed on portfolio archive pages.
Let’s say you have a WordPress.com site at:
The URL of the Portfolio archive page will be:
If you’d like to add your portfolio archive page to your a Custom Menu, create a custom link using the portfolio archive URL.
You can customize the portfolio archive page by changing the title, adding some content, and uploading a featured image. To do so, go to Customize → Portfolio.
Include a site logo by going to Customize → Site Title and uploading a logo image in the space provided. The logo will appear next to your site title in the header. It can be any size, but will display at a maximum height of 80 px.
Rebalance allows you to create a social links menu to connect your readers to your social media profiles, like Twitter and Facebook, using icons.
Set Up a Social Links Menu
- Create a new Custom Menu, and assign it to the Social Links Menu location.
- Add links to each of your social services using the Links panel.
- Icons for your social links will automatically appear in the footer.
Linking to any of the following sites will automatically display its icon in your menu.
- Email (
- RSS Feed (urls with
Rebalance includes one Custom Menu in the header, which can be configured by going to Appearance → Menus:
Rebalance offers one widget area which can be configured at Customize → Widgets. Widgets will appear in the footer of your site.
Custom Header Image
You can also add a Custom Header Image to give Rebalance a much more personalized look and feel.
Rebalance has six built in color schemes to choose from including pastel teal and bright red; tan and bordeaux red; orange and dusk grey; and mint green and charcoal.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main column width is flexible and roughly
- Featured images on single posts and single projects break outside of the main column and are
- Custom header image should be at least
- The sidebar is also flexible and each widget is roughly
- The site logo appears at an unlimited maximum width and a maximum height of
Ce thème peut être téléchargé lors de l’installation de votre site WordPress auto-hébergé .Télécharger