Passenger brings elements of scrapbooking to the digital realm. Everything from fonts to featured image styles helps give your content a more handmade feel, while preserving a modern, minimal aesthetic.
Passenger is great for travel journals and diaries; it’s also well-suited for a company blog with a focus on arts and crafts or other creative media.
Your Design, Everywhere
We designed Passenger to look good on all devices – from desktop computers and laptops to smartphones and tablets.
Passenger supports several post formats: image, video, gallery, and quote. Each format has a unique style for the blog, archive and search pages. This adds visual interest to your content, and helps you tell your stories more clearly.
Custom Headers and Backgrounds
Passenger comes with a set of free color palettes shown below. With a WordPress.com Premium or Business plan, you can create your own custom palettes for your site.
Passenger has two widget areas where you can add different tools and content to your site. All widget areas will stay hidden until you add widgets to them.
- Overlay widget area – This area displays on all pages in an overlay that is accessed by clicking the ellipsis (three dots) in the top-right corner of your website.
- Footer widget area – This area displays at the bottom of every page on the site.
Passenger includes a Contributors template, which will list all of the authors on your website, sorted by how many posts each person has published. It’s great for magazines and other multi-author blogs.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- At full width, the main column width is
- The featured images are
200high on the blog, archive, and search pages.
- The header image should be at least
- The featured images on posts with the Image post format are
500high on the blog, archive, and search pages.