Karuna is a clean business theme designed with health and wellness-focused sites in mind. With bright, bold colors, prominent featured images, and support for customer testimonials, your business’ brand will shine with Karuna.
Setting Up Your Front Page
When you first activate Karuna, your homepage displays posts in a traditional blog format. To set up your homepage, follow these steps:
- Create a page.
- Go to the Customizer’s Static Front Page panel and set “Front page displays” to “A static page.”
- Select the page created in Step One as “Front page,” and choose another page as “Posts page” to display your blog posts.
Karuna’s front page displays, in order:
The site header:
The page title and content, if set:
Two recent user Testimonials:
The four most recent Posts:
And the site footer:
This theme has one main menu area called ”Header.” If you don’t assign a custom menu to that area, your site’s default page menu is displayed instead.
Social Links Menu
Karuna supports a handy Social Links menu, which appears in the top header strip.
Linking to any of the following sites will automatically display its icon in your menu:
- Email (mailto: links)
- RSS Feed (urls with /feed/)
Karuna has a one-column or two-column layout. Add widgets to the sidebar area for a traditional two-column blog, or leave it blank for a sleek one-column style.
This area, displayed under the site header, is a great place for a callout using a Text widget.
This area, displayed after your content and before the four optional footer widget areas, is a great space for a large video or photo gallery widget.
Footer Widget Areas
Karuna also includes up to four optional widget areas in the footer:
The site tagline appears in the upper left corner of your site, and is a great place to add a brief welcome or some contact information for your business. HTML cannot be used in the tagline.
Featured Images / Custom Header
Karuna supports prominent Featured Images on the blog, single posts, and pages.
On blog posts — 624 pixels wide maximum by unlimited height:
On single posts and pages — full-screen width, unlimited height:
On single posts and pages, if no Featured Image is set, the Custom Header will be displayed instead.
Karuna features testimonials in two ways:
- The dedicated testimonial archive page displays all testimonials in reverse chronological order, with the newest displayed first.
- The Testimonial Shortcode allows you to display the testimonials wherever you want on your site.
To add a testimonial, go to My Site → Testimonials → Add. Testimonials are composed of the testimonial text, the name of the customer — added as testimonial title — and an image or logo, which can be added as a Featured Image.
Testimonial Archive Page
Where is the Testimonial archive page?
Let’s say you have a WordPress.com site at:
The URL of the testimonial archive page will be:
This page can be further customized by adding a title, intro text, and featured image via Customizer → Testimonials. This content will appear above the testimonials list.
Karuna comes with a Full-Width, No Sidebar Page Template to give you more space for your content. It’s the perfect way to showcase a large gallery of images or a video.
Karuna comes with a special CSS style for buttons.
You can add the button class to your links in the HTML Editor or a Text Widget to create “call to action” buttons:
<a href="https://karunademo.wordpress.com/" class="button">Button</a>
Karuna includes six free featured palettes, found under Customize → Colors & Backgrounds, to switch up the theme’s look and feel.
Karuna also supports the following features:
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
- The main column width is
624, except on the full-width template, where it’s
- The main sidebar width is
- The full-width Header and Footer widget areas are a maximum of
- The four optional footer widget areas’ widths vary depending on the number of active areas.
- Featured Images are displayed at full-screen width and variable height on single posts and pages.
- The site logo appears at a maximum width of
500and height of
- The custom header appears at full-screen width with flexible height.