Goran is a functional and responsive multi-purpose theme that is the perfect solution for your business’s online presence.
Goran looks great on devices of all sizes, from desktop to mobile and everything in between. The theme adapts to any screen without sacrificing usability or design integrity.
Custom Page Templates
Goran has four custom page templates that are particularly useful for business and corporate websites:
Front Page Template
This template is tailor-made for homepage that introduces your business to the world. Rich, powerful, and flexible, the Front Page Template includes three optional featured page areas and three optional widget areas. You can also add a full-width leading image with a call to action, as seen in the screenshot above.
When you first activate Goran, you’ll see your posts in a traditional blog format. If you’d like to use this template as the front page of your site, follow these instructions:
- Create or edit a page, and then assign it to the Front Page Template from the Page Attributes module.
- Add an introduction to your site. For best results, we recommend a few sentences.
- Set your front page image — behind the text — as a Featured Image.
- Go to Settings → Reading and set “Front page displays” to “A static page.”
- Select the page to which you just assigned the Front Page Template as “Front page,” and then choose another page as “Posts page” to display your blog posts.
The Featured Pages section of the Front Page Template is managed in Theme Options in the Customizer.
Grid Page Template
Full Width Page Template
The Full Width Page Template is great for embedding a large map, video, or contact form.
Alternate Sidebar Page
One of Goran’s Theme Options allows you to choose the sidebar’s default position — right or left. The Alternate Sidebar Page template will overrule this default on a given page, and that page’s sidebar will appear on the opposite side.
Goran allows you to have two Custom Menus: one in the theme’s header and one in the footer. To set up your menus, go to My Sites → Menus.
Don’t forget to tick “Primary Menu” in the Menu Settings if you want to display a menu in the header and/or “Footer Menu” if you want to display a menu in the footer.
The Primary Menu will display next to your site title.
The Footer Menu will only show the first level of links.
Goran displays links to your social media profiles as icons using a Custom Menu. Icons for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and most other popular networks are included.
Set up the menu
To automatically apply icons to your links, simply create a new Custom Menu and give it a name that starts with „Social“ (e.g. „Social Menu,“ „Social Links“). This specific name is important – it must start with the word „Social“ to work correctly.
Next, add each of your social links to this menu. Each menu item should be added as a custom link.
Once your menu is created and your social links are added, you can display it in your Footer Menu. You can also create a new Custom Menu Widget to display it in any of Goran’s widget areas as seen on the demo site.
Goran will automatically display an icon for each service if it’s available.
Linking to any of the following sites will automatically display its icon in your menu:
- Email (
- RSS Feed (urls with
Goran comes packed with multiple Theme Options available via the Customizer:
- Sidebar Position: choose to display the sidebar on the left or right.
- Top Area Content: display some content above the header — perfect for a phone number or an email address.
- Thumbnail Aspect Ratio: choose the aspect ratio of the thumbnails used for the Grid Page Template or for the Featured Page Areas.
- Pages: show breadcrumb navigation: display a breadcrumb navigation on pages.
- Front Page: show title: display the Front Page Template’s title.
- Front Page: Featured Page One: select a page to feature on the Front Page Template.*
- Front Page: Featured Page Two: select a page to feature on the Front Page Template.*
- Front Page: Featured Page Three: select a page to feature on the Front Page Template.*
*For any of the featured pages selected for the front page, keep in mind that if you choose your posts page, the front page will display the excerpt and featured image of your latest blog post.
Goran supports the Site Logo feature. To brand your site and include your business logo, navigate to Customize → Site Title and upload a logo image in the space provided.
Goran offers seven widget areas, which can be configured in Customize→ Widgets:
- An optional sidebar widget area, which appears on the right or left.
- Three optional footer widget areas.
- Three optional widget areas on the Front Page Template.
Featured Images and Custom Header Image
Goran displays featured images behind the title on static pages, or in the large main area when using the front page template. If a page has no featured image, the header area displays the custom header, which can be added at Customize → Header Image.
The custom header will not displayed on the blog page or individual blog posts.
Goran comes with two special CSS styles,
button-minimal. You can add these classes to your links in the Text Editor, to create „call to action“ buttons:
<a href="http://gorandemo.wordpress.com/" class="button">Button</a> <a href="http://gorandemo.wordpress.com/" class="button-minimal">Button Minimal</a>
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
- The main column width is
700except in the full-width layout where it’s
- A widget is
- Featured Images for posts are
- Featured Images for pages are