Youtube videos in wrong aspect

• I’m using Intergalactic 2 theme in my two websites:

ERTV Music
    ERTV Plus

Since today (January 3rd, 2019) all YouTube videos are showing in 4:3 aspect, as you can see here:

To test, I’ve put the same one (and others) in my test website and look what happens:

Yes… in correct aspect and the theme used is ‘Intergalactic’.

Please, fix this issue. I repeat: this kind of thing is happening in all videos, even in 4K videos, but until yesterday (January 2nd) everything was fine.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi, i have the same promlem, how can i fix it?

• Unfortunately the only one who can fix this are, I guess, the theme’s developer, once this is the free version. I remember when I had the pay version, it was possible to change the aspect to wherever we want.

The funny is this issue started yesterday. Until this issue is not solved, I changed the theme in my two websites.

• In time, the second image I’ve sent, was in a different theme: the also funny is the first version of ‘Intergalactic’ – this issue is happening on the second version, ‘Intergalactic 2’

• Thank you very much

• Hi folks, I have not been able to duplicate this on my test site with this theme. Could you send a few links to affected pages or posts?

• supernovia, good evening.

First of all, thank you for the support and sorry for my late reply.

I’ve changed temporarily the theme from my main website (ERTV Music, ERTV Plus) until this issue should be solved, but I have also a third website for tests purposes (I use to test new layouts).

Here’s the link to see what’s happening: ERTV Medias Test

• Hi ertvmusic,

Thanks for the link. I added that exact video URL to a test site using Intergalactic 2 but haven’t been able to replicate the 4:3 ratio you are seeing yet.

@sasonleb
    — can you also send a link to an example post or page where this is happening?

We can then compare your examples and look for similarities.

• Hi @gemmacevans, thanks for the reply.

I changed now the video, but the issue remain. But there’s something ‘strange’ happening:

– At the editor (changing to visual mode):

This is the correct aspect

– Published post:

Turns into 4:3

Looks like some parameter on this theme, or something else, that don’t allow the video adjust in 16:9.

Like I said before, I remember in pay version there’s options to change the exhibition aspect, but this is not our case once we’re using the free version and hosted by WordPress.

• Hi, this is the link to my site, all videos in all pages the same problem

עוגות ונפלאות

• Hi there,

@ertvmusic, I’m able to replicate this issue and have reported it to our theme developers to look into. I can’t give you a timeline on a fix, though.

However, I do see this does not happen if the video is added in a post created using the new block editor, so you might try switching to that editor instead.

@sasonleb
    , your site is using the Dara theme, not Intergalactic2, and the one video on your site’s front page is displaying fine.

If you’re speaking of the videos along the side in https://ugotveniflaot.wordpress.com/%d7%94%d7%9e%d7%9c%d7%a6%d7%95%d7%aa/, those videos are being embedded using a shortcode inside a widget, and is a completely different issue.

Please try using the video widget instead to add those videos, as the text widget is not designed for embedding videos in this way. If you still see this issue using the video widget as well, please create your own thread at https://en.forums.wordpress.com/?new=1 and we can help you there.

• @kokkieh thanks for your reply, and I will adapt the further posts on this new editor. About the developer’s theme, thank you.

• Hi @ertvmusic and @sasonleb,

The issue with the video aspect ratio should now be fixed.

Thanks for reporting this issue! If you have any questions about the above, or run into anything else, just let us know!

• Hi @laurelfulford! Sorry for late answer.

Thank you so much for the solution.

• The topic ‘Youtube videos in wrong aspect’ is closed to new replies.