working with title – aligning to left bottom

• I am working with the hemingway theme hosted via wordpress.com and am trying to uncenter the title.

I have changed out the title and tagline for an image and reworked the title container to a transparent white. Now I need to align that title to the left and bottom of that container. I can’t seem to make anything work.

I assumed I could right some css for .site-title where the image is placed, but I can’t get it to work – though perhaps I am just not writing on the correct css.

I hope this helps… I am working in the customization within the preview for now as I am trying to determine if I can get this to where I want it before giving up and hosting it myself.

many thanks for any help.

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi @alliedfeather,

Do you want to display the site title “THE DOWN SOURCE” in the left bottom of the blank transparent container displayed on your site http://alliedfeather.wordpress.com/ ?

If it is so then where should we display the site description “It’s What’s Inside That Counts” ?

Please advise so that i can help you to achieve it.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Thanks for the help… here is the updated customization.

I am trying to move the title (with logo mark – it’s all one image) to the left bottom. Appx 10px from left and bottom.

Thanks again.

• Hi @alliedfeather,

Thank you for your help.

Try using following CSS code to move the title (with logo mark ) to the left bottom.

h1.site-title {
       background-position: bottom left;
    }
    div.site-branding {
        width: 93%;
        padding: 1.2em;
    }
    h2.site-description {
       display: none;
    }

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• The topic ‘working with title – aligning to left bottom’ is closed to new replies.