wordpress.com business plan

• Hi,

can i have the same custom on wordpress.com business plan than on wordpress.org self hosted ?
    need to upgrade

thanks

• Hi there,
    Your question is not very clear. Do you mean to ask if you could have the same amount of customisation as on self hosted blog?
    You will not be able to do the same customisations as on a self hosted blog. You might not be able to use any plugins except for a select few, besides the plugins most customisations will work. You should compare the features as part of the business plan and decide if the business plan is suitable for your needs.

If you could mention the customisations you have in mind, one of us or the staff will be able to help you better.

• If I purchase the business plan, can I receive commission on my own ads?
    Will I have to get hosting like BlueHost or Host Gator?
    Can I add Amazon Associates on my blog with the Business Plan?
    Is it better to keep the business plan or transfer my stuff to wordpress.org?

Sorry, I’m just a little bit confused.

• If I purchase the business plan, can I receive commission on my own ads?

No.

Will I have to get hosting like BlueHost or Host Gator?

If you want to run your own ads, yes.

Can I add Amazon Associates on my blog with the Business Plan?

You can link to items on Amazon with text affiliate links (no widgets, no ads, no image affiliate links) if the items themselves are a part of a real blog post, like a book review. You cannot create a blog here just to do affiliate posts.

Is it better to keep the business plan or transfer my stuff to wordpress.org?

Depends. Most blogs created to make affiliate advertising revenue actually lose money, once you factor in the overhead (hosting, domain, theme purchase) let alone the time. IF you have a high readership that isn’t running Adblocker and you have a well-defined niche market and you get affordable hosting, then it might be worthwhile to make the switch to .org.

• Raincoaster thank you very much for replying. I have some more questions and I hope I’m not annoying you but I really want to make sure that I’m doing everything correct. So, I get a premium wordpress, go to bluehost or hostgator to export and import to wordpress.org, then go to wordpress.org to get a free theme . That’s just the watered down version. I have a free wordpress.com blog and I wanted to know how do I export into wordpress.org? I guess I would have to register a new domain.

• So, I get a premium wordpress, go to bluehost or hostgator to export and import to wordpress.org, then go to wordpress.org to get a free theme

No. If you’re going to be using a self-hosted blog, any upgrades you buy here won’t apply to it. Don’t buy any.

https://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/#moving-to-wordpress-org

• Ok so I just purchase the bluehost or hostgator, under register a new domain since, I have a free wordpress.com account, export and import?

• Ok so I just purchase the bluehost or hostgator, under register a new domain since, I have a free wordpress.com account, export and import?

• Yes, You buy the hosting at Bluehost or Hostgator, then setup your (basic configurations like username, password, theme) blog there. Then export your WordPress.com blog and import into the new site you have set up.

• The topic ‘wordpress.com business plan’ is closed to new replies.