wordpress won't send my EPP code

• I am trying to transfer my domain to another registrar and wordpress.com will not send my EPP code. I have followed all of the directions and re read them over and over and nothing is working. I done everything the support site says to do and and clicked “email my code” about a hundred times and still no email….. getting a bit frustrated (ok – WAY more than a bit) HELP

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi there!

I’ve just attempted to have the code sent to you again. Sometimes it can take a little while for private registration to be completely removed from your account.

Can you check your email and see if you got the code this time? Make sure you check your spam folder. And if you’re using a gmail address, make sure you check all of your inboxes. If you have email forwarding set up for the email account, try logging into the actual account. Sometimes emails can get caught in a spam filter and won’t be forwarded on.

Can you also confirm that the email address associated with your domain is correct? You can find the contact information by logging into the domain manager, and selecting the ‘Contact’ tab.

Let me know if you still haven’t received the code and I’ll work on getting one for you!

• I still didn’t get it. I have confirmed the email address a few times but still nothing (checked spam many times)
    I just now changed the email address so maybe if it is a different address?

• nevermind. it actually won’t let me confirm a different email address so it is still the same one.

• Hi there!

I know this can be really frustrating. Can you confirm for me which domain you’re attempting to transfer? Then I can work on figuring this out for you.

• my2monsters.com I went ahead and paid for the forwarding but i don’t want to get stuck paying that again when i could just transfer my domain to blue host with my other domains.

• Thanks! I’m looking into this further. I’ll let you know as soon as we’ve figured it out!

Let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime!

• Hey there,

I just wanted to give you an update that we’ve confirmed the email address on file with the domain registry is (email visible only to moderators and staff) so that’s where the EPP Authorization code should be going.

Your domain my2monsters.com has also been successfully unlocked and Private Registration is disabled.

I do see that another email address ((email visible only to moderators and staff)) appears in our records as being associated with your domain as well, so it might be worth checking the inbox, spam, and junk folders of that account.

Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest at this point is updating the address on file with the registry since (email visible only to moderators and staff) doesn’t seem to want this Authorization code.

If you need it, this support page walks you through the steps of updating the address:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/domain-management/#update-contact-information

And remember, please don’t change any other info besides the email address as that will result in a 60 day hold on your domain and we’d have to wait a couple months before being able to transfer it.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions :)

Cheers,

• The topic ‘wordpress won't send my EPP code’ is closed to new replies.