WordPress subscriber e-mails — may I use them for a mailing list?

• OK – I have downloaded e-mails for all of my WordPress subscribers. There is also an article that mentions using this list for Mailpoet, which is a third party mail manager.

HOWEVER, I want to make sure I’m 100% according to Hoyle here. All of the subscribers that I downloaded in the CSV using the “Download subscribers as CSV option”are WORDPRESS subscribers, not e-mail subscribers.

Can I use their e-mail addresses in a separate e-mail manager (like Mailchimp) to send them e-mails?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hey there,

Many thanks for reaching out!

All of the subscribers that I downloaded in the CSV using the “Download subscribers as CSV option”are WORDPRESS subscribers, not e-mail subscribers.

These are those who have subscribed to your site via email.

Can I use their e-mail addresses in a separate e-mail manager (like Mailchimp) to send them e-mails?

Yes that is totally possible.

Out of curiosity, are you looking to create a newsletter for the site: michaeljlawrence.blog, using a third party? I might be able to offer some advice and insights on how to achieve those end goals.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Thanks for getting back to me. :)

Yes, I’m setting up a newsletter for michaelawrence.blog. I’m giving ConvertKit a whirl. Mailpoet looked like a good option, but would require me to upgrade my WP plan to accommodate plugins.

• The topic ‘WordPress subscriber e-mails — may I use them for a mailing list?’ is closed to new replies.